January 26, 2020, 05:00:49 PM

Author Topic: Tag discussion.  (Read 2045 times)

Offline NedStar

• Administrator
  • King Leonidas
    • View Profile
    • http://www.theicecave.net
Tag discussion.
« on: September 05, 2009, 01:44:33 PM »
I'm aware that there are a lot of people out there that use the |Iced| tag but in fact give us a bad name. I name immature people or simply the kind of person who trolls/flames at others.
The problem with our tag being open for everyone is that people like that can wear it and in return makes others think everyone on The Ice Cave must be like that.

So I've been thinking of making some strict rules that every person who wears |Iced| has to follow and only allow certain users that have proven to be mature and respectful towards others are allowed to use it.
This will most likely require 2 changes:

First of all, we will probably need a new tag as getting everyone that wears |Iced|, to stop wearing it seems a somewhat impossible task.
Two, restriction on the tag on all of our servers so that only certain people with certified steamid's can wear the tag. Which I still need to look at that, but a simple admin kick if the user persists using the tag which he is not allowed to wear should do the trick.

If you do not respond in this thread, your opinion will not be taken into consideration and therefore have no right to complain afterwards.

Wiiking: If I ran into him in the aftermath of the inevitable all-consuming nuclear war, I would just shoot him to avoid further drama.

Offline GotNoodles?

• Ex Server Admin
  • Last Action Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Tag discussion.
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2009, 01:53:28 PM »
Well
I can't decide upon making everyone have to register at the forum and psot activaly and read rules to not let people join unless they are active on the forums.

Offline Atrevir

• Ex Server Admin
  • Last Action Hero
  • Living proof of the banhammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2009, 01:53:53 PM »
maybe something like |IC| or |TIC| or TIC

Offline NedStar

• Administrator
  • King Leonidas
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2009, 01:56:03 PM »
I was hoping to find something more catchy then that :)

I kinda like Iced yet the name has been ruined by others.

Wiiking: If I ran into him in the aftermath of the inevitable all-consuming nuclear war, I would just shoot him to avoid further drama.

Offline Fly

• Ex Server Admin
  • Last Action Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2009, 02:02:52 PM »
I dont think putting another tag in it is good.. I think it'll be best to force people to register>make an intro topic and be active... Maybe put a sticky post in the intro topic about newcomers to navigate through The Ice Cave, find whats more about this community.. Most peoples don't even know that we have an active groupchat. If people don't know all this, we will never know about them, and this creates a hole between The ZM server and TIC...

Again sorry for my bad sentences..

So I heard Britney Spears was looking for a drummer?

Offline NedStar

• Administrator
  • King Leonidas
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2009, 02:05:38 PM »
I don't think putting restriction on the tag itself creats a hole between ZM and TIC. It will still be the same but if you see someone wearing the tag you can be assured that its a decent player and not some kid that likes to play static music and loves barrel rubbing.
Keep in mind, its not just another TAG, it will be THE tag. Iced will be restricted and in the end will die out, a new tag will replace this tag for long term proven players.

Offline NedStar

• Administrator
  • King Leonidas
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2009, 02:36:20 PM »
Had a discussion with Metabie about this and we came up with some tags.

Name¨LN²
Name¨-Centi

Suggestions are of course welcome.
We will most likely keep the old |Iced| tag and allow long term, respectable members to "upgrade" their tag to a new one that will come with guidelines which every member that wears the tag must follow.

Offline GotNoodles?

• Ex Server Admin
  • Last Action Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2009, 02:40:59 PM »
seems good

although it could be a pain to stopp others from using the new tag, unless anyone who uses the tag is kicked instantly from the group and stuff until he/she changes it

Offline NedStar

• Administrator
  • King Leonidas
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2009, 02:43:15 PM »
Quote from: "GotNoodles?"
seems good

although it could be a pain to stopp others from using the new tag, unless anyone who uses the tag is kicked instantly from the group and stuff until he/she changes it

Users who are allowed to wear the tag will probably have their steamid verified on server join.

Offline Metabie

• Ex Server Admin
  • Respected Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2009, 04:41:26 PM »
I had a discussion about this with Ned a while ago as he said and let me try to explain it easily

I think around 200+ people use the iced tag now , i have no problem with that , i wear it with pride .
But some people take the name and put it to shame and we cannot allow that .
You can think that the logic thing to do would be to not allow people to wear the tag , but then people who also use it and do nothing wrong get screwed over .
Iced is very popular and we like to keep it that .
My idea was two tags , iced for the regular people , no limitation to this you can wear it if you joined the ice cave 5 seconds ago ,
but there would be a second tag which i thought about : LN² , which is actually liquid nitrogen and can make stuff frozen in no time .
This tag will be for the people who have earned it : Being active , being a respected member , for the core of the ice cave , the people that make it tick .
The Ice Cave keeps on existing , the iced tag keeps on existing and the people who wear it keep on wearing it . The only thing that comes extra is ( hopefully ) ¨LN² .
NedStar|Iced|: dreamweaver is crap
Metabie|Iced|: Dreamweaver sucks fucking ass Metabie|Iced|: I\'d rather use notepad NedStar|Iced|: I\'d prefer using my trusty notepad

Offline Shotking

• Server Admin
  • Kane's Right Hand
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2009, 06:13:49 PM »
I Like Meta's Idea.

NedStar|Cryo|: I wish Shotking was in my bed...  NedStar|Cryo|: I find shotking being around very very sexy!

Offline Eaglas

• Ex Server Admin
  • Castor Troy
  • Forum Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2009, 01:48:50 AM »
Quote from: "NedStar"
Had a discussion with Metabie about this and we came up with some tags.

Name¨LN²
Name¨-Centi

Suggestions are of course welcome.
We will most likely keep the old |Iced| tag and allow long term, respectable members to "upgrade" their tag to a new one that will come with guidelines which every member that wears the tag must follow.

Ok first things first, wtf do they mean?   second I think its a good idea to "secure" the iced tag like this, I did cough some asses using it on a other server once
saying they were admin's and shit, I asked prove and they flee'd

Offline lolomgwtfNL

• Ex Server Admin
  • Castor Troy
  • Use snipers.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2009, 08:19:45 AM »
Quote from: "Eaglas"
Ok first things first, wtf do they mean?

LN² can be 2 things~
"Lazy Ned²" or 'Liquid Nitrogen²"
Medals are life