January 19, 2019, 10:29:27 AM

Author Topic: Server Rules (updated 01/09/10)  (Read 19222 times)

Offline NedStar

• Administrator
  • King Leonidas
    • View Profile
    • http://www.theicecave.net
Server Rules (updated 01/09/10)
« on: January 12, 2008, 01:10:32 PM »
Player rules:

- No  flaming/racism/sexism/whining or discrimination.
- Exploiting the map is not allowed, if your not supposed to be able to get there then DON'T
- Faking of anyone's identity or powers is not allowed.
- Respect the admins, if you disagree with them feel free to take it to the forums.
- Only speak or write in English, you can use our teamspeak to speak in your own native tongue.
- Give the admins time to handle a situation and do not interfere.

General TTT rules

- Traitors are to do their job, a traitor that's stalling the round can be seen as grieving.
- Get a good solid reason before shooting someone, failure to do so can and will result in a ban. Actual solid evidence is required to justify killing them.
- Killing/damaging (attempts included) someone in any way which was caused by you counts as RDM or traitor act. (pushing of ledges/using traps/prop killing)
- No Revenge-Killing, its hard enough to find out who is RDMING. Revenge killing makes it all the harder.
- Do not kill AFKERS, the build in system will handle it. Killing an afker counts as RDM unless you're a traitor.
- Do not use dirty tricks that can be exploited by using the system in a cheap manner. (Ghosting with props)
- Only proven innocents or detectives are allowed to shoot a person if certain demands aren't met (weapon checking, traitor testing), everyone else is allowed to ask but not allowed to shoot.

Server Tools

You can report a player for bad conduct by typing !report in chat or if you'd prefer doing it privately, by typing report in console.
After that, you are able to send further details or talk to the admin(s) privately with /reply *your message*.
All reports will be logged and looked at when we are able, sending multiple reports for one person which are filled by you are absolutely redundant and considered spamming.
In case immediate admin assistance is required, you are able to "nudge" us by typing nedcon in chat. This should only ever be used when the following conditions are met: repeated rdm/flooding/cheating or anything else that would require our instant attention.
For anything else: Minor rdm,leaving rdm,teamkill (in short, everything that hasn't yet repeated itself) should be reported with !report rather then nedcon.

Admin Rules:

- No powers are to be used when the result can or will be effecting the game flow.
- Powers are in no way to be used against a fellow admin. Always contact me if I'm available in this occurrence.
- Be democratic. Don't just change the map or do things your way just cause you disagree with other players. NOTE there is no democracy when it comes to banning or powers alike.
- Be a role model. Its bad enough if a player isn't playing the game the way its supposed to. Its even worse when an admin does it.
- Try to answer most questions. You will probably be flooded with these but don't become snappy, answer all queries politely and if you don't know the answer, simply admit it.
- Being strict doesn't mean you can't be polite. The best admins are those user can trust and have fun playing with and can be relied upon to deal with all rule breakers.
- Be very active on the server and on the forums.
- Have fun! This is probably the most important rule, if admins are having fun and are being pro-active then users tend to be more relaxed so this leads to a much more pleasant server.
- It is imperative that all staff are both kind, fair yet firm. (Emphasis on "kind") Just because you're an admin doesn't mean you are above other members.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2010, 06:15:42 PM by NedStar »

Wiiking: If I ran into him in the aftermath of the inevitable all-consuming nuclear war, I would just shoot him to avoid further drama.

Offline cowboy

• View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2008, 01:59:59 AM »
can u post all the lvls that are TK lvls E.G madness were u are aloowed low grav and ff  :?
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 12:00:00 AM by cowboy »

Offline NedStar

• Administrator
  • King Leonidas
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2008, 01:39:14 PM »
Well madness is the only TK map but sometimes we also TK on some other maps  :winkgrin
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 12:00:00 AM by NedStar »

Wiiking: If I ran into him in the aftermath of the inevitable all-consuming nuclear war, I would just shoot him to avoid further drama.

Offline Doom

• Kane's Right Hand
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2008, 03:39:44 PM »
Hey if we post here will our posts be seen in the MOTD? And should they be deleted then?
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 12:00:00 AM by Doom »

Offline NedStar

• Administrator
  • King Leonidas
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2008, 04:13:15 PM »
Yes you can see them in the MOTD, but its no biggy 0_o.
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 12:00:00 AM by NedStar »

Offline NedStar

• Administrator
  • King Leonidas
    • View Profile
Re: Server Rules
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2008, 10:39:12 PM »
Will try to fix the scrollbar bug tommos btw as right now you are unable to scroll down and read the rules in game.

Offline NedStar

• Administrator
  • King Leonidas
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2008, 02:16:17 PM »
Slightly updated + all rules now pop up in the chat on a regular interval.

Offline NedStar

• Administrator
  • King Leonidas
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2009, 07:44:48 PM »
Updated the rules with ADMIN rules and a new rule against flaming kids for a kiddy voice.
Also updated the motd on the server, if anyone still breaks these new rules in 3 days I'll hammer you.

Offline lolomgwtfNL

• Ex Server Admin
  • Castor Troy
  • Use snipers.
    • View Profile
Re: Server Rules (updated 03/07/09)
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2009, 11:14:36 PM »
OR ME!
Medals are life

Offline Rikimaru

• Ex Server Admin
  • Castor Troy
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2009, 12:46:55 PM »
which admins are higher then other admins ????

Sometimes The Things Worth Dying For Are The Things Worth Living For.

Quote from: \"ChanChan |iced|\"
0:06 - ChanChan |Iced|: I\'D FUCK THE GIRL!

Offline NedStar

• Administrator
  • King Leonidas
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2009, 03:19:51 PM »
sm_who will show.

Offline Rikimaru

• Ex Server Admin
  • Castor Troy
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2009, 03:22:51 PM »
hmmmmmmmm i aint much on so i guess i am at bottem XD

Sometimes The Things Worth Dying For Are The Things Worth Living For.

Quote from: \"ChanChan |iced|\"
0:06 - ChanChan |Iced|: I\'D FUCK THE GIRL!

Offline NedStar

• Administrator
  • King Leonidas
    • View Profile
Re: Server Rules (updated 20/05/10)
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2010, 10:53:58 PM »
Rules revised.

Offline Atrevir

• Ex Server Admin
  • Last Action Hero
  • Living proof of the banhammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2010, 11:39:36 PM »
you should adapt some of the admin rules to fit with TTT instead of ZM

Offline NedStar

• Administrator
  • King Leonidas
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2010, 03:40:58 PM »
I don't see how the admin rules would be different for TTT as they are pretty general.
I am however aware that rule 1 tends to be broken a lot. In general some global ban guidelines might not be a bad idea.