March 25, 2019, 06:42:02 PM

Author Topic: KSP Darkmultiplayer.  (Read 2593 times)

Offline NedStar

• Administrator
  • King Leonidas
    • View Profile
    • http://www.theicecave.net
KSP Darkmultiplayer.
« on: July 30, 2014, 02:22:29 PM »
I've put up a KSP mp server for fiddling about and having some fun. I've added in a few minor mods that improve upon a few areas where KSP is lacking in. Note, nothing in here gives you any sort of advantages or change the vanilla KSP experience in any real noticeable way.
I'd like to add more mods in the future but any sort of advantage or difficulty increasing mod would be best debated in here. Personally I'd like to see FAR or NEAR be added.

I made a mod package with the mp mod + extra mods. 154MB.

Throw it in your KSP/gamedata folder.

Mods added so far:

DARKMP
Kerbal Attachment System Enhances EVA and overall adds much needed mechanical parts.
Kethane The only mod that could be seen as having an advantage. It allows for mining of kethane on planets which can be converted into fuel. With that being said it requires you to scan > mine (heavy parts) > convert (heavy parts) + electricity. Kethane is not infinite and its no easier then launching another vessel > dock > refuel. What it does do is allow more reason to setup moon bases with dedicated mining rovers.
Magicalsmokeindustries Rotating parts etc.
Scansat
Realchute More options with chutes.
Procedural Dynamic Wings Better looking wings.
Tweakscale Part of MagicSmokes, allows re-scaling parts.
Asteroidal Resources
FAR
Spaceplanes plus

GUI mods that I threw in by default:

Enhanced navball Better navball in every way, looks exactly the same while fixing a few annoyances.
Kerbal Alarm Clock
Precise node
Kerbal Engineer

Graphical

Connection info:

s.theicecave.net:27050

Rules.

Not gonna mention the obvious stuff about ramming and the likes  :P
Do keep in mind that debris is permanently right now and does NOT get deleted so try and keep insane amounts of debris clear from the KSP center. There is a way to delete debris but it has the downside of deleting all debris which really ruins half the experience of seeing someone else s wreck on the mun.

« Last Edit: August 07, 2014, 11:19:51 PM by NedStar »

Wiiking: If I ran into him in the aftermath of the inevitable all-consuming nuclear war, I would just shoot him to avoid further drama.

Offline NedStar

• Administrator
  • King Leonidas
    • View Profile
Re: KSP Darkmultiplayer.
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2014, 02:29:44 PM »
FAR
NEAR.

I use FAR in my SP experience and loving it, NEAR does a similar thing but is more simplified. Personally I'd say these are a must as vanilla drag is retarded but since they greatly change how anything behaves in atmospheric flight I'd like to get your opinion on it.

I also used and liked these mods in SP
 Remotetech2
Life Support
Deadly re-entry

Needless to say these make the game a lot harder and probably isn't for everyone.

« Last Edit: July 30, 2014, 02:32:16 PM by NedStar »

Wiiking: If I ran into him in the aftermath of the inevitable all-consuming nuclear war, I would just shoot him to avoid further drama.

Offline KittyCatInAMicrowave

• Ex Server Admin
  • Respected Member
  • The Empress of Chanchia
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2014, 07:00:52 PM »
Remotetech still fucking stuff up as hard as before?
Might see Chanchian space program soon exploding mid air there, we ain't much further than Koreans in space!

Offline NedStar

• Administrator
  • King Leonidas
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2014, 10:19:13 PM »
Remotetech is under new management so I reckon some of those issues have at least been fixed. I kinda like remotetech as it gives sats a proper purpose. However I can see how its not exactly "newbie friendly"

Offline NedStar

• Administrator
  • King Leonidas
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2014, 12:33:12 AM »

Offline NedStar

• Administrator
  • King Leonidas
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2014, 07:58:15 PM »
New mod package, I've added in FAR by default. A few extra mods have been added to help with the adjustment.
Also threw in some of my GUI mods and a Graphical package.

Now I understand not everyone likes FAR but I suggest you at least give it a go, it makes flying planes and designing them a lot more interesting.
It also changes rocket flight behavior in atmosphere.  In case you absolutely hate the new drag model, simply delete the folder "FerramAerospaceResearch" and everything should be as default.

Updated package links will always be in the MAIN post.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2014, 08:08:12 PM by NedStar »