March 18, 2019, 05:59:21 PM

Author Topic: Event program coming back, now with bacon flavor.  (Read 1019 times)

Offline NedStar

• Administrator
  • King Leonidas
    • View Profile
    • http://www.theicecave.net
Event program coming back, now with bacon flavor.
« on: May 25, 2014, 07:48:27 PM »
The events are coming back in a more organized way, what this means is that events will be planned as usual but will require players to "sign up" for them. Think mmo guilds and the attendee system.
If you're interested in joining said event and are capable, you'll either say you'll attend or "might attend"
Now this doesn't mean you won't be able to join if you didn't sign up. But this will allow me to poll the interest for an event per event basis. There will be a minimum player cap for every event, if the cap is reached the event will continue and everything proceeds as normal.

A perfectly good example can be found over here. I'll be using the steam event page for this, making signing up easy and effortless.

I've gone ahead and schedule a few events, I could use more feedback from you guys regarding what days and around which time. Please let me know on either the website or the steam page, please write the time-frame in CEST. As always, everyone is welcome
« Last Edit: May 25, 2014, 07:58:10 PM by NedStar »

Wiiking: If I ran into him in the aftermath of the inevitable all-consuming nuclear war, I would just shoot him to avoid further drama.

Offline Scotty

• Global Moderator
  • Zombie Slaughter
    • View Profile
Re: Event program coming back, now with bacon flavor.
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2014, 03:54:09 PM »
i can attend every date after 2nd of june, which happens to be tomorrow. so im in for everything bitchass!!!11  :cheer :cheer :cheer :cheer :cheer

Offline NedStar

• Administrator
  • King Leonidas
    • View Profile
    • http://www.theicecave.net
Re: Event program coming back, now with bacon flavor.
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2014, 12:12:04 AM »
I think its safe to say the event program is a bust. With 2 out of 3 events failing, absolutely zero feedback and attendees not showing up all together it becomes a nightmare to plan anything.
Sadly the days where I could just smack any source game on the event page and people would flock are long gone.
A lot of the players from back then have moved on to other things but I was hoping the "core" of roughly 15-20 would have been enough.
Damn shame really, I'd like to think everyone enjoyed the events of the past and its a great way to keep people playing games together.

Alas its not meant to be, pick up games are the only way forward but this will sadly rule out any of the bigger player count games like GMOD, Source or A3 Zeus.
I for one am done trying to host events while the demand is simply not there.

Wiiking: If I ran into him in the aftermath of the inevitable all-consuming nuclear war, I would just shoot him to avoid further drama.