June 27, 2019, 12:18:27 PM

Author Topic: Cubeworld server detailed.  (Read 1275 times)

Offline NedStar

• Administrator
  • King Leonidas
    • View Profile
    • http://www.theicecave.net
Cubeworld server detailed.
« on: July 11, 2013, 11:28:16 AM »
Right so I figured it wouldn't be a bad idea to detail how to connect to the cubeworld server and why you sometimes can not connect.

There's two ways to connect to the server, through tunngle (Premium Network, NedStar, Polar) or through server.theicecave.net

The tunngle network solution is a bit of a hassle but the best solution if your IP is constantly changing. Not many people have a static IP. That being said a none static IP will generally stick with you for a long time depending on ISP.
The tunngle network requires no white listing and will always allow you to connect.

You can connect directly over the internet IP by connecting to server.theicecave.net. This however requires IP white-listing as I do not want random people to join. With no password solution in place this is a bit of a hassle but the only viable online solution right now.

The IP white-listing however requires manual verification by me, this means when you try and join the server you are blocked by default. So it's paramount you convey your ip when you try and connect either through forum PM or by giving me a shout on teamspeak. 
If your ip is dynamic and changes on a daily basis then this solution is not for you and I highly recommend using tunngle.

Lastly their are a few issues on my end with my ISP that I'm working on resolving. Sadly my ISP tech support is crawling slow at times. In short my modem likes to self destruct on itself making connecting impossible. I'm pretty watchful on this atm but it can obviously happen when I'm not there that the modem flat lines.

Lastly x2, cubeworld servers are not too stable right now. If I see a lot of crashing again today I will allow admins to reboot the server so up time can be improved.

As always thanks for reading and if you got any questions let me know.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2013, 11:30:23 AM by NedStar »

Wiiking: If I ran into him in the aftermath of the inevitable all-consuming nuclear war, I would just shoot him to avoid further drama.

Offline lolomgwtfNL

• Ex Server Admin
  • Castor Troy
  • Use snipers.
    • View Profile
Re: Cubeworld server detailed.
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2013, 07:20:39 PM »
Archer LFM need tank healer and deeps

btw unless you added me whitelisted without me asking, I joined on server.theicecave.net (I think)
Medals are life

Offline NedStar

• Administrator
  • King Leonidas
    • View Profile
    • http://www.theicecave.net
Re: Cubeworld server detailed.
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2013, 12:47:04 AM »
I do accept random ips if the country seems TIC related. I'm actually not sure if you can see the server in the official server list. I reckon not as it be blocked by default.

Also for ranger you'd want to get a glider. Use the retreat ability while looking backwards, jump mid air and hit it.
You get a massive speed boost, open up your glider and voila flying mount!

Wiiking: If I ran into him in the aftermath of the inevitable all-consuming nuclear war, I would just shoot him to avoid further drama.