June 26, 2019, 12:07:13 PM

Author Topic: Good SC purchases, and bad ones  (Read 2137 times)

Offline Fatal

• Server Admin
  • Respected Member
    • View Profile
Good SC purchases, and bad ones
« on: November 26, 2012, 08:53:10 AM »
Basically put in here if you bought a gun or vehicle weapon and it is a good or bad, to save us wasting precious SC on worthless items

Personally I know the Saron HRB gunner weapon for the magrider is an awesome weapon, along with the AA missiles and A2G missiles for the scythe

Any upgrade for the magrider driver cannon is pretty much worthless though

Also the 2 rocket launchers for the heavy are a clear upgrade over the standard dumbfire one, as you can still dumbfire the 2 lock on launchers (one AA and one AV) and the damage is the same (or at least it was, someone confirm that)

Offline Merjin

• Fresh Blood
    • View Profile
Re: Good SC purchases, and bad ones
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2012, 02:30:02 AM »
Weapons:
Shotguns are can be 1 shot kills. (Dev's words), so i guess HS with that and the enemy is a gonner. :) otherwise its 2-3 shot kills.

Vehicle:
Liberator
- C150 Dalton (2nd gun), 1 big boom in a small package, ricardo and some other ppl love it, so guess its a good thing :D (you are always welcome to try it out).
- A30 Walker (3rd gun), dubble barrels, kills planes faster then the standard gun.

Swagrider
- Saron HRB, shit tons of damage on armor.
- Supernova VPC, anti infantry, and you blow them to pieces :D but im not sure if i want this one may take the FPC to make anti tank Swagrider.

- Proton II PPA, Demmiej has it, but its a poor gun, doesnt do allot of damage against any vehicle or infantry.

Lightning
- Skyguard, AA gun...
- L100 Phyton AP, had this during beta, did is job you take out tanks quicker then the standard weapon.

Scythe
- Dual Photon Pods, dumbfire rockets that really do a shitload of damage to anything it touches, downside is that you only get 42 to start with. you shoot 2 at a time in pods of 14. do the math. :D
« Last Edit: November 27, 2012, 10:54:01 PM by Merjin »
0:12 - NedStar|Cryo|: Put your finger up her bum, take it out and get her to smell it. So hot!

Offline Slayer_NL

• Server Admin
  • Zombie Slaughter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2012, 10:11:49 AM »
MERJIN SUCKS PENISDICKS SAUJVSDIA:VD. And yes I used it in the beta with fatal and it was ALOT better back then. Now i shoot a target 20 times and it barely does any dmg
« Last Edit: November 27, 2012, 10:54:39 PM by Slayer_NL »
NedStar|Iced|: I swallow big things!

AKA Ricardo|Cryo|

Offline Merjin

• Fresh Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2012, 11:07:47 PM »
Weapon:
Infiltrator - V10, Bolt Action Sniper rifle that 1 shot kills on a Headshot, definetly a good one if you wan to infiltrate allot :)
0:12 - NedStar|Cryo|: Put your finger up her bum, take it out and get her to smell it. So hot!

Offline NedStar

• Administrator
  • King Leonidas
    • View Profile
    • http://www.theicecave.net
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2012, 12:57:59 AM »
I'm noticing a trend in this. All the good ones are expensive as fuck and all the shitty ones not worth buying are reasonably priced.

Also what would you recommend for a magrider? Currently rolling mag burner and some ammo upgrades for my default guns.

Wiiking: If I ran into him in the aftermath of the inevitable all-consuming nuclear war, I would just shoot him to avoid further drama.

Offline Fatal

• Server Admin
  • Respected Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2012, 08:39:36 AM »
Side or top armor are good upgrades, basically magburner and extra ammo are decent ones, and possibly zoom for the gunner weapon

You don't really need a zoom for the regular gun, you can make some awesome long range shots without it

Also, upgrading the drivers gun is really not worth it, basically the HE and AP variants have such a small bonus compared to the regular one which can do well enough against both kinds of targets (although the AP one will 1 shot planes whereas the regular and HE will not so you may want to get it if planes are pissing you off)

Offline Datastream

• Last Action Hero
  • Finally updated my account.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2012, 11:11:42 AM »
You want the HE gun for the lightning. You want it.

Offline NedStar

• Administrator
  • King Leonidas
    • View Profile
    • http://www.theicecave.net
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2012, 04:54:28 PM »
Alright cheers, I'll stick with leveling up my default stuff that's not too insanely costly. Magburner fully upgraded is a wooping 1.8k certs.
Side armour and the likes is about 100 certs so I'll be going for that.

Wiiking: If I ran into him in the aftermath of the inevitable all-consuming nuclear war, I would just shoot him to avoid further drama.

Offline Merjin

• Fresh Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2012, 04:06:13 AM »
Dont buy any guns for your sundy, standard ones are good enough. it schreds tanks like Piranah's shred meat/fish !!

also ned, maybe get the IR Smoke, it prevents lock on, its like the same for the Scythe, get the Flares.