January 19, 2019, 09:28:27 AM

Author Topic: Now hosting for Natural Selection 2 - Gorgetastic!  (Read 2945 times)

Offline NedStar

• Administrator
  • King Leonidas
    • View Profile
    • http://www.theicecave.net
Now hosting for Natural Selection 2 - Gorgetastic!
« on: November 24, 2012, 08:21:32 PM »
Having played over 200 hours on Natural Selection 2 already I've decided it be a good time to host a NS2 server. I'd have done so sooner if not for the insane server specs required to run it properly.
Now that I've updated the server to an I5 3750k along with 16 gig of rams, performance should not be an issue.

NS2 being an unique game as it is with a friendly community all round and strong emphasis on team work.  Not to mention the fantastic modding possibilities to keep the game going for years to come. This should make for a good community game and one of the few games I actually spend a lot of time playing of late.
The goal as always will be to provide a friendly playground for people and provide a smooth gaming experience.

In the future when the server runs well I'd also like to have a go at testing some custom maps which is fairly effortless for the end user due to the steamworkshop integration.

DISABLED FOR NOW - Running the following mods:

DAK Admin Kit - Allows you to RTV, UNSTUCK etc.
NS2 Stats - shiny player stats so you can boast.

I'm still looking for a few active NS2 players to admin the server. I've posted a thread in the admin forum for web panel details. Since most of the current admins are not NS2 players I'll be looking for a few to help keep the server administrated.

As always, thanks for reading and be sure to give us a go next time you play NS2.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2012, 06:42:45 PM by NedStar »

Wiiking: If I ran into him in the aftermath of the inevitable all-consuming nuclear war, I would just shoot him to avoid further drama.

Offline Shotking

• Server Admin
  • Kane's Right Hand
    • View Profile
Re: Now hosting for Natural Selection 2 - Gorgetastic!
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2012, 12:01:24 AM »
Why isn't admin section available to me anymore D:

And I'd be willing to admin around, although I wouldn't play the game itself much, I could observe.

NedStar|Cryo|: I wish Shotking was in my bed...  NedStar|Cryo|: I find shotking being around very very sexy!

Offline Datastream

• Last Action Hero
  • Finally updated my account.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2012, 12:32:10 AM »
Being admin is lame. Because then I have to be all reserved and nice to fucking everyone at all times. Do not want.

Offline NedStar

• Administrator
  • King Leonidas
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2012, 01:53:57 AM »
Why isn't admin section available to me anymore D:

And I'd be willing to admin around, although I wouldn't play the game itself much, I could observe.

I bumped a lot of people to "ex server admin" group that don't own, unwilling or in your case can't play NS2.
I think this is the best way forward. See who's active in the game we're hosting for and then pull ex server admins back in if they are willing.
As of now everyone but Fatal (active on ns2) and Ricardo (used the web panels before to reboot stuff) have lost access to the admin section. This will not effect any ts3, groupchat, minecraft or other servers you got privileges on, these already followed their own unorganized list  ;D

I do appreciate your willingness to admin in NS2 but the game by itself isn't too admin demanding besides the occasional troll or team balance you need to enforce.
Having you idle in game would only use up your own pc  resources and annoy you for being unable to play properly.
You could do admin work somewhat through the web panel that comes with NS2 but I'd much rather get people that can actually play the game themselves and are able to have fun doing so.

FYI the admin only thread is username and password details for the NS2 web panel. I changed my opening post to reflect this better as I can understand the confusion in seeking the admin forum for extra information.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2012, 02:28:04 AM by NedStar »

Wiiking: If I ran into him in the aftermath of the inevitable all-consuming nuclear war, I would just shoot him to avoid further drama.

Offline Merjin

• Fresh Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2012, 04:49:39 AM »
would say that im willing .. but probebly not a good idea :P
0:12 - NedStar|Cryo|: Put your finger up her bum, take it out and get her to smell it. So hot!

Offline Fly

• Ex Server Admin
  • Last Action Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2012, 10:18:35 AM »
Applying for admin isn't such a good idea atm, because of exams. After that sure

So I heard Britney Spears was looking for a drummer?

Offline Shotking

• Server Admin
  • Kane's Right Hand
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2012, 12:35:34 PM »

I do appreciate your willingness to admin in NS2 but the game by itself isn't too admin demanding besides the occasional troll or team balance you need to enforce.
Having you idle in game would only use up your own pc  resources and annoy you for being unable to play properly.
You could do admin work somewhat through the web panel that comes with NS2 but I'd much rather get people that can actually play the game themselves and are able to have fun doing so.

Fair enough, if you need me for web panel admining at any time or some shit, hit me up.

NedStar|Cryo|: I wish Shotking was in my bed...  NedStar|Cryo|: I find shotking being around very very sexy!

Offline NedStar

• Administrator
  • King Leonidas
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2012, 06:42:56 PM »
Disabled the mods for now as yellow servers fill up a lot harder.

Offline lolomgwtfNL

• Ex Server Admin
  • Castor Troy
  • Use snipers.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2012, 07:28:26 PM »
I'll be buying it in 2-3 days start being active ingame :)
Medals are life

Offline KittyCatInAMicrowave

• Ex Server Admin
  • Respected Member
  • The Empress of Chanchia
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2012, 08:44:26 PM »
I'm up for playing a lot more once I figure out how to get the cable-internet-black-box-with-flashing-lights-thing to connect to internet. Wireless is so much rage at playing games.