March 20, 2019, 03:34:12 PM

Author Topic: Tweak guide V2  (Read 1626 times)

Offline Fatal

• Server Admin
  • Respected Member
    • View Profile

Offline Palooder

• so i herd u liek derp
    • View Profile
Re: Tweak guide V2
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2012, 01:42:23 PM »
My game was unplayable, I set everything to low and I had around 20-30 fps in the major spawn but drops to 10-20 during firefights.

After doing some research, I found out that running the game on high actually increases my fps to 30-40 in the major spawn zone and I had around 25-35 fps during the firefights, I also tweaked the UserOptions.ini and changed the renderdistance to 800 wich boosted my fps in the spawn zone to 60, and during firefights around 40.

I also had frequent crashes, couldn't play longer than 20 minutes but I fixed it by turning off my firewall, ambient occlusion and setting shadows to low.

CPU: AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 6400 ~3.2GHz (not overclocked)
GPU: ATI Radeon HD 5770
4GB RAM

Hardly a beast rig but I seem to be running the game better than most people with their expensive $2000+ computers

Offline Datastream

• Last Action Hero
  • Finally updated my account.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2012, 12:34:46 AM »
The goddamn games runs like shit and probably will always run like shit for AMD. I did the last optimization guide and it improved literally nothing.

Also, turning off firewall is stupid.

Offline NedStar

• Administrator
  • King Leonidas
    • View Profile
    • http://www.theicecave.net
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2012, 01:58:30 AM »
Is it really that bad on an AMD rig?  And yeah your firewall should not be an issue if set up properly.

Wiiking: If I ran into him in the aftermath of the inevitable all-consuming nuclear war, I would just shoot him to avoid further drama.

Offline Datastream

• Last Action Hero
  • Finally updated my account.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2012, 12:31:04 PM »
Well, Ned. I run with everything on low and the only way I can get 60 fps is by looking at the ground in an empty place. If I'm actually doing something like shooting a gun at other people then it goes back to 20 fps or lower. So yes, it is really that bad.

Offline Merjin

• Fresh Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2012, 11:28:25 PM »
they still are busy with optimizing (and thats official) so maybe in the near future it will be better, for now .. sucks to have AMD :D
0:12 - NedStar|Cryo|: Put your finger up her bum, take it out and get her to smell it. So hot!

Offline Fatal

• Server Admin
  • Respected Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2012, 08:54:16 AM »
Yeah they even said that AMD is poorly optimised, which is a real shame, but the whole optimisation thing is still going on

Good news though, next week I am getting a shiny 7950

Offline Merjin

• Fresh Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2012, 02:04:46 AM »
0:12 - NedStar|Cryo|: Put your finger up her bum, take it out and get her to smell it. So hot!