June 18, 2019, 09:43:47 AM

Author Topic: [ban] Steam Groupchat: OG cat  (Read 2691 times)

Offline Merjin

• Fresh Blood
    • View Profile
[ban] Steam Groupchat: OG cat
« on: September 21, 2012, 08:46:30 PM »
why i feel you should ban cat:
1. No one likes him,
2. 90% of us is blocked,
3. he is ignorant,
4. L2<insert random topic>,
5. Fail<insert random name>,
6. if he cant win a discusison then he will starts insulting.
7. if he notices that anyone mentioned him (good OR bad) he starts insulting aswell.
8. says he is 30 yet act like he is 12 (maybe 10 years old even).
9. EVERYONE is wrong.
do i need to continue ?

Quotes from the past (that are still true today):
Quote from: Jethro
Reason: Trolls the heck out of everyone, causing people to ragequit, ruining a nice night of chatting in the chat. Thinks he's "tuff". :/
Quote from: Oni
he insults me all the time, because he hates me because of my background!
Quote from: Atrevir
i have had enough of this shit about cat. most of TIC agrees about it. cat blows himself up so much that he cant even see it him self. i have had enough of the prolonging and the waiting. every time we agree on banning him and nothing happens. when cat just showed up in the chat i didnt know why everyone of the ZM forum hated him. now i know why. cat acts like he is invulnerable cowering behind ned who always does what cat asks him. its time we do something about it.
sorry ned, but i have the feeling that he is hiding behind your kindness.
Quote from: Sony Twan
Cat can make valid points at times, but the fact is they are balanced out by stupid ones he makes which make no sense whatsoever. All he seems to do is cause hostility between the members and most people dislike him, he's self righteous and is always bigging himself up, normally bragging about his lady friends which seems to never work. Sure he can be alright at times, but when a conversations burns down to opinions and yours disagrees with his (which it always does) an argument sparks unless you're actually trying to avoid one and not being allowed freedom of speech. When an argument is occuring, it's stopped, then happens again later which Atrevir said, if something isn't done then it just repeats itself.

He does seem to cower behind Ned and I believe Ned is too soft on him, Please don't delay this and make a serious conclusion, you may want to give him another chance but that's happened plenty of times only for him to cause another argument and hostility. I would like him banned and i'm sure many others do too, but it depends on what is best for the community in which case I think a ban is.

I really shouldn't have had to write this in the first place.
underlined and bold, because its true (remember these qoutes are from 2010)

These Qoutes come from 2010. the opinion about him hasnt changed in the 2 years (the ones postive in 2010 have become negative aswell)

Personally i feel that he is messing up the nice community we have, and some might leave when he is around for longer.

groupchat today:
21:50 - Wiiking: You're being incredibly disrespectful towards someone who never did anything to you anyhoo
21:50 - OG cat: not ask your peer pressure part of your mind wether you are allowed to like it
21:50 - Wiiking: silly cat
21:50 - OG cat: I can link you 10 artists of today that are a million times better than failgogh
21:50 - Wiiking: You think an openly communist man cares a lot about peer pressure?
21:50 - OG cat: in one minute
21:50 - OG cat: you are not commie
21:50 - OG cat: wait until you get older
21:50 - OG cat: and make some money
21:50 - Wiiking: yeah bye
Wiiking left chat.

and this is just one example of many other evenings we had and are yet to come.

hopefully, with this post Ned, you will finally take final step. The step that you also want to make in your mind, but cant with your hart.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2012, 08:58:35 PM by Merjin »
0:12 - NedStar|Cryo|: Put your finger up her bum, take it out and get her to smell it. So hot!

Offline Shotking

• Server Admin
  • Kane's Right Hand
    • View Profile
Re: [ban] Steam Groupchat: OG cat
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2012, 08:58:08 PM »
Ned will not take a final step to anything.

A community cannot be run as a democracy, this is a given, and sadly Ned is too soft-hearted to impose an actual dictatorship, not a theocratic democracy like we have today, those always fail.
Trolls and haters should be removed if they cannot follow the major, simple rule of TIC; Don't be such a dick and you'll be respected. Sadly, for years cat has over-imposed and over-stepped his position as a regular member to become the "voice of reason"(even if everybody despises his opinion), using Ned as his no longer willing shield.

I believe one day Ned will finally say "fuck this bullshit" and ban him, but I'm afraid that day won't come until something very serious happens.

NedStar|Cryo|: I wish Shotking was in my bed...  NedStar|Cryo|: I find shotking being around very very sexy!

Offline Fly

• Ex Server Admin
  • Last Action Hero
    • View Profile
    • http://www.theicecave.net
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2012, 09:11:39 PM »
I agree with this completely. At the moment, he is really trying to be as much of an asshole as possible.

I've seen topics where he just says the opposite just to start a meaningless argument.

If you don't see this you are obviously blind. It can't be unseen.
If you denie it you are just as bad as he is

So I heard Britney Spears was looking for a drummer?

Offline NedStar

• Administrator
  • King Leonidas
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2012, 09:42:32 PM »
Topic can stay, just keep it civil.

Frankly I'm not quite sure why he is still in the groupchat with most of you blocked. He still responds to you at times but that's when he assumes something bad is being said about him and he'll jump the gun.
I do agree that he's stepping on a lot of people their feelings by using assumptions or what he feels is right as facts rather then opinions.
Just like he states an opinion can be wrong or "fail"

The biggest problem is that he's very stubborn and anything that he disagrees with is wrong by default with no open mind to it. 

Wiiking: If I ran into him in the aftermath of the inevitable all-consuming nuclear war, I would just shoot him to avoid further drama.

Offline Shotking

• Server Admin
  • Kane's Right Hand
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2012, 09:46:54 PM »
If even you agree that the reason as to why he stays on chat is just to... literally do nothing but complain and say the reverse of what you're thinking in order to get you mad(aka trolling), then why not ban him?

NedStar|Cryo|: I wish Shotking was in my bed...  NedStar|Cryo|: I find shotking being around very very sexy!

Offline NedStar

• Administrator
  • King Leonidas
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2012, 02:37:09 AM »
Wow I went back to some previous posts and I sadly notice a growing trend. People that have defended Cat in the past now want him banned so he's without a doubt doing something wrong regarding befriending people.

Chan summed it up in the most amusing way possible.

Most of the time I keep my opinions outside of other people as it doesn't matter, as well as this case. I ain't on neither side of this as I don't note Cat as a threat, but by analysis made from Bewby bot's logs on the while it's been doing it's work can be said that the arguments in group chat have their own repeating chain of events.
 As for example Person A makes a perfectly valid statement on his/her opinion about a game or just about anything else, well Cats opinion in this case differs from Person A's opinion and so Cat gives his opinion. Well Person A attempts to give some more reasons for his/hers opinion and comments Cats opinion from his point of view.
What does Cat do? Well often he changes the subject to women and how to get along with them to further rationalize his opinion by presenting and example, the case here is that Cats way of saying is that he knows everything about people and is some sort of psychological mastermind (I don't mind this, but apparently some people do find it annoying). Well this goes on and on with the new topic, women and getting laid with them. It goes as long as somebody mentions e-Penis and dick, Cat's offended, to the battle stations.
If I ever took records of the parts of chat that do not interest me I would have some better examples, but that's just waste of space for me!
But I can say that in about 2/3 cases when Cat is in the chat there is a pointless argument which caught fire from little spark.
Else way it'd be ok, but it is really hard to have any normal chatting in there while the argue is going on and I am too afraid to partake in chat at those times, flameflameragerage, you know.

I'm a strong believer of freedom of speech but if said freedom is getting in the way of the general atmosphere then it should be dealt with.
That being said, speech is all about back and forth communication. There's too much monologue going on at times to still call it a discussion. This is when people start getting annoyed as they are unable to express their opinion back. Or they simply get the idea their arguments are not respected or entirely overlooked.

I think it would be best to evict Cat from the group chat. Considering 80% or so has a problem with him I think it's fair to say this as a group thing wouldn't work out and he'd be better of finding a chat that fits him better.

Wiiking: If I ran into him in the aftermath of the inevitable all-consuming nuclear war, I would just shoot him to avoid further drama.

Offline Fatal

• Server Admin
  • Respected Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2012, 07:36:41 AM »
Our "debate" about TTT the other night pretty much summed up how he acts with us

Me and Ned, both admin on TTT for hundreds of hours, and I'd say we did a pretty good job of it

I think cat disagreed with everything we said regarding admining and TTT, after he has played what, 5 - 10 hours of it?

Basically we would get more agreement from talking to my dog, it's not a debate anymore, just someone who is thinks so highly of himself he is unable to think anyone has a valid point

I see nobody now who actually WANTS him to stay, maybe some are not too fussed but I would say why does he even join?

Offline Datastream

• Last Action Hero
  • Finally updated my account.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2012, 09:29:50 AM »
It's kind of weird how the people who defended Cat at first were actually keeping a blind eye. He has been like this for years. Since the moment I knew him he's been like this. He hasn't changed a single bit. I've telling you guys for years how is like but you guys just refuse to believe it or you don't want to take action. Either because you believe that taking action would ruin the sanctity of the chat or because you actually like cat. I doubt the second because literally nobody likes cat.

I've been saying it for years so I'm going to say it again:

Cat is like cartman from South Park. Nobody likes him but he makes himself believe that he is liked. He ignores or modifies reality to fit his own view. Sometimes thinking that people random people in chat agree with him only to have them say that they really don't. At that point he just tells them they are wrong and that they do agree with him before switching to another subject.

Cat will not leave unless we force him to.

Offline Fly

• Ex Server Admin
  • Last Action Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2012, 11:39:26 AM »
It's kind of weird how the people who defended Cat at first were actually keeping a blind eye. He has been like this for years. Since the moment I knew him he's been like this. He hasn't changed a single bit. I've telling you guys for years how is like but you guys just refuse to believe it or you don't want to take action. Either because you believe that taking action would ruin the sanctity of the chat or because you actually like cat. I doubt the second because literally nobody likes cat.

When I read my first statement I was kind of shocked aswel. But then I remembered.

I wanted to give him a chance, I felt pity for him. I thought he just had his opinion and shared it, in his way ofcourse.
When time passed I started to notice more and more that he just likes to argument and make people angry, and it made me angry. That's exactly what he wants to do: make us angry.
Sooner or later most of the groupchat had this and disrespected him.

To be fair I have given him atleast 3 chances to recover himself, I went from being very hostile to him to a neutral person, and he still just wouldnt change at all. I changed and gave him a chance, he didn't.

So I heard Britney Spears was looking for a drummer?

Offline Wiiking

• Castor Troy
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2012, 04:18:44 PM »
I have never liked Cat, but I have always tried to treat him with the respect I grant any regular human being. Cat, on the other hand, never seems to show any respect towards other people or their opinions. So, a long time ago, when this very same matter was discussed, I let it be known that my opinion was that he should get a chance - that we should try and get along despite our differences.

While, I think, we have tried to get along with cat - even be nice to him, he never seems to return that kindness. There is a limit to hospitality, and cat has greatly overstepped that line. The question is; how do we want to enforce this community?

While I despise the very notion of forcibly removing someone from this community, I think, in some very extreme cases, it may be for the best. Cat is more than obnoxious. If what he does is deliberate, he is being a troll who should not be tolerated, and if what he does is unintentional, he needs help - help we can't seem to be able to provide.

I mentioned earlier that it has been my opinion that we should try and get along with Cat. I no longer stand by that opinion. If we do decide to evict Cat, I will not dissent. I will not like it because of my principles but I understand wholeheartedly why it should be done.

So, finally, I urge you all to think properly if this is how you want things to be done. I would hate to see this hurt our community, or its spirit, in any unforeseen way.
Quote from: Metabie
He's Wiiking. He can do anything.
Quote from: ChanChan
Wiikings eat just about anything that fits in their mouth.
Quote from: Nedstar
Hahha this guy has offline socialication, what a fucking loser!

Offline Madsam

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2012, 11:32:34 PM »
Madsam 2012

I will make this a better place!

Offline Scotty

• Global Moderator
  • Zombie Slaughter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2012, 05:24:55 AM »
I could have seen this coming.. When it comes to judging people, i'm normally pretty good, and from the first minute i met cat, i knew he was going to be a right pest.. now back then i had no evidence, bar a few irrational comments in group chat, but i left it at that.. If i had to do anything, You know what would have happened, i don't mess around with people, if hes pissing people off, hes gone. end of, But i stayed out of the cat situation. because quite frankly, it wasn't work my click of a ban button. he's just so immature it's pathetic.

I agree with ned being soft hearted! but thats why fatal and me are here! we all love ned, also. i agree for madsam 2012. he could be like our mutant in the basement, and we could throw the trouble makers to his lair for him to feed on their tears.

Anyway that's my monthly Forum post, Cya all next month!! <3<3<3<3<3<3  :cheer :cheer :cheer