July 21, 2019, 09:15:51 PM

Author Topic: Battlefield 3  (Read 3815 times)

Offline Shotking

• Server Admin
  • Kane's Right Hand
    • View Profile
Re: Battlefield 3
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2011, 01:54:37 PM »
I can't play 10 minutes without crashing ;_; Here's a video of what happens.

Battfield 3 for PC lock up freeze crash fail

NedStar|Cryo|: I wish Shotking was in my bed...  NedStar|Cryo|: I find shotking being around very very sexy!

Offline Datastream

• Last Action Hero
  • Finally updated my account.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2011, 03:29:53 PM »
I have that stuttering after every update. Goes away after 3 hours of play or so. It's really weird. Good thing mine doesn't lock up tho. :D

[edit]
Oh wow just finished the video. That lock up is horrid. When I talked about the stutters I was talking about what I saw in the beginning of the vid. That happens for me for 3 hours straight at every move and then it's gone.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2011, 03:31:42 PM by Datastream »

Offline NedStar

• Administrator
  • King Leonidas
    • View Profile
    • http://www.theicecave.net
« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2011, 05:41:42 PM »
Someone crashing might not be the same as yours though. You stated you had BSODS and fixed that but the issue could be related.
I know BF series is not that keen on the realtek onboard soundcards so updating soundcards or playing with sound disabled would be a good first step. Besides that I'd recommend you update drivers of everything and check your core/gpu temps with coretemp for CPU and AMD catalyst control for GPU or MSI afterburner.

Wiiking: If I ran into him in the aftermath of the inevitable all-consuming nuclear war, I would just shoot him to avoid further drama.

Offline Shotking

• Server Admin
  • Kane's Right Hand
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2011, 10:44:19 PM »
Aye, updated pretty much everything, but now I'm having these odd, regular crashes (They seem to have stopped now, so I'm posting this :c)
They started when my mother was dicking around on Facebook, basically the screen just goes black, some icons appear from the taskbar, mini apps, etc but I can barely move my cursor, keyboard becomes unresponsive, etc. Only way off it is a hard reset. halp?:C I guess this turned into a "halp" discusiion, so I'll make a new thread.

NedStar|Cryo|: I wish Shotking was in my bed...  NedStar|Cryo|: I find shotking being around very very sexy!

Offline NedStar

• Administrator
  • King Leonidas
    • View Profile
    • http://www.theicecave.net
« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2011, 11:22:41 PM »
As I said over teamspeak but seeing as you dc'd you might not have heard. There's not a whole lot one can do with this error message, its too vague and too broad to give any specific hints.
I'm a bit puzzled what you mean by "mini apps" but I figured you mean quickkstart mini icons you have in the bottom right?

Do some temps checks I've stated above and it also sounds like a virus scan might not be that bad of an idea.

Wiiking: If I ran into him in the aftermath of the inevitable all-consuming nuclear war, I would just shoot him to avoid further drama.

Offline Slayer_NL

• Server Admin
  • Zombie Slaughter
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2012, 04:12:06 PM »
Battlefield 3: The amazing airborne Anti-Air gun

More random bf3poop
NedStar|Iced|: I swallow big things!

AKA Ricardo|Cryo|

Offline Slayer_NL

• Server Admin