January 19, 2019, 02:51:55 PM

Author Topic: Minecraft server (Out Dated)  (Read 14448 times)

Offline NedStar

• Administrator
  • King Leonidas
    • View Profile
    • http://www.theicecave.net
Re: Minecraft server
« Reply #30 on: January 26, 2011, 08:40:58 PM »
I was actually thinking along the line of

info 1info 2info 3
info 1info 2info 3

Aka forum tables.

Wiiking: If I ran into him in the aftermath of the inevitable all-consuming nuclear war, I would just shoot him to avoid further drama.

Offline Hatsune Miku

• Respected Member
  • Let's Play some Tetris
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 28, 2011, 02:44:08 AM »
I was actually thinking along the line of

info 1info 2info 3
info 1info 2info 3

Aka forum tables.

Oh okay,Well I can still do that.Umm I just need a list of the prices or where to find all the prices.Then I will just orgainze them and make a table.

Offline NedStar

• Administrator
  • King Leonidas
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 28, 2011, 03:58:37 PM »
Updated

Wiiking: If I ran into him in the aftermath of the inevitable all-consuming nuclear war, I would just shoot him to avoid further drama.

Offline Datastream

• Last Action Hero
  • Finally updated my account.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 31, 2011, 10:48:14 AM »
And lo! Thine spreadsheeteth is verily an miracle t' beheldeth!

Offline Fly

• Ex Server Admin
  • Last Action Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 31, 2011, 06:57:00 PM »
LAME! You shouldnt have reset ALL our money, I didnt earn the woopies with books only, ive used bloody logs before I knew about it. And since it was a great source of income and you needed to make a decent sugar reed plant to earn profits, it wasnt necessairy to completely remove the stuff. Lowering the price down and half our money was enough. Since you implemented the shop, you should know better next time

So I heard Britney Spears was looking for a drummer?

Offline Datastream

• Last Action Hero
  • Finally updated my account.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 31, 2011, 07:38:55 PM »
With 6 reed plants I made 340 woopies in 15 minutes. You guys had massive reed farms. Within 5 minute you get a lot more than I did. Great source of income? Yes. Reasonable source of income? No. It makes the other items worth jack shit. Aka inflation.

By the way, today I joined the server and DIED instantly. Lost about 34 gold and 16 pumpkins. The rest is not that important apart from 256 coals which you cant buy. But that 34 gold is a real pain. Can I have it back? :3

Offline WeeRobb

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 01, 2011, 05:39:21 PM »
i used to be able to get on and i built stuff but i cant get on anymore any help ??

Offline Scotty

• Global Moderator
  • Zombie Slaughter
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 01, 2011, 06:10:11 PM »
Servers down atm wee boab.. Should be up soon ill look into it

-EDIT

Rebooted server. it's up now. enjoy
« Last Edit: February 01, 2011, 06:15:30 PM by Scotty »

Offline NedStar

• Administrator
  • King Leonidas
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 07, 2011, 04:02:05 PM »
Added a few addons. Furthermore I've been meaning to make the players more involved with the rest of the players by adding a stargate in the center of the world with an equal distance to the towns surrounding it, which they can then hook up with by either rails or sea/rivers. The stargate currently only goes towards the desert but ideally will go to all edges of the world to make them more accessible. You can find the stargate in the volcano which is the great red blob on the map.

While I see the charm of allowing everyone to create a gate it would not strengthen the bonds between neighbouring towns and will leave towns solitude.
Also make sure you check out Scotty's suggestions for minecraft events.

Offline steel

• Respected Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 07, 2011, 11:06:18 PM »
Half finished texture pack :D

It's cartoony :P

« Last Edit: February 08, 2011, 08:18:35 PM by steel »

Offline NedStar

• Administrator
  • King Leonidas
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 19, 2011, 01:09:35 PM »
-Stargates are now public, as in you can build your own gates.
-Myhome is set to social state again so you can invite people to your homes.
-With a golden helmet you are able to breath under water.
-Magic carpet is public, /mc to activate.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2011, 01:32:58 PM by NedStar »

Offline NedStar

• Administrator
  • King Leonidas
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 24, 2011, 04:13:46 PM »
Users might now be able to use the compass to teleport around (untested and doesn't take effect till next reboot)

Offline steel

• Respected Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 26, 2011, 04:45:56 PM »
Compass teleport works. Can be used to teleport short distances through objects by right clicking whilst holding a compass.

Can only be used if you aim through an object though and the range is tiny. Good for zooming around inside your base though as you can go straight through walls, ceilings and floors :D

Offline Fatal

• Server Admin
  • Respected Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 26, 2011, 07:10:57 PM »
Thats not quite how it works

Left click = Teleport to block, it will put you vertically on the highest block you can fit on which is on top of the block you click, if the block you click isn't available to be teleported to

Right click = Teleport THROUGH block as steel says

Offline NedStar

• Administrator
  • King Leonidas
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 14, 2011, 12:34:27 PM »
Quick update regarding 1.8 (Server ETA 6-7PM CEST):

I'm currently pre-rendering a 10000 x 10000 world, this will roughly take 2-3 hours to do.

After the rendering I need to add in the previous world chunks that have had treasures and other secrets added to them, figuring this will take about 30 min to 1 hour.

I am not pre-rendering the Nether due to having a rumoured complete make over for 1.9.

Please leave torches or any other landmarks from the spawn towards the new city hub, preferably decide the city hub with a number of players!

What you shouldn't do in 1.8:

Build far away from other players, 1.9 is receiving a lot more biomes + snow biome will be added back in.... Due to the nature of that I will reset the surrounding area in 1.9. Seeing as you probably do not want to lose your creations; Make sure to build close to other players so I can see and keep your creation.

Build structures you'd like to keep in the nether, nether is going to be completely reset for 1.9. Nether is also not pre-rendered for this exact reason so expect lag when traversing the Nether! + Not having to pre-render the Nether right now will severely cut down on the render times.

rules:

Same rules as before will apply, anyone found loitering or grieving will receive a PERMA ban without question.
Note that the gameplay will be vanilla and might receive useful stuff like chest protection in the future, do not expect a shop.
I am logging everything you do on minecraft, naughty players will be banned.

« Last Edit: September 14, 2011, 12:38:58 PM by NedStar »