January 19, 2019, 09:15:26 AM

Author Topic: TIC TF2 Server unwanted?  (Read 3502 times)

Offline Xaymar

• Respected Member
    • View Profile
    • LevelNULL
TIC TF2 Server unwanted?
« on: December 19, 2010, 05:01:24 PM »
I've noticed ONLY random people joining the Server almost never TIC people. (I'm expecting the same to happen with ZM Server too btw)
So, one question: Is the TF2 actually wanted? or did you people just vote Yes for fun when it was asked?

I don't play TF2 often myself, due to its nerf-everything-that-should-be-strong-so-that-those-easy-classes-get-easier!-Development.

Offline Atrevir

• Ex Server Admin
  • Last Action Hero
  • Living proof of the banhammer
    • View Profile
Re: TIC TF2 Server unwanted?
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2010, 06:02:51 PM »
The gameplay settings on the TIC server are out of my interest. For that i dont play on it

Offline W.S Wankhouse

• Zombie Slaughter
  • Schr÷dinger's catgirl
    • View Profile
    • Google
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2010, 08:06:33 PM »
The gameplay settings on the TIC server are out of my interest. For that i dont play on it

Last i check your problem was no insta spawn and sometime ago xaymar installed plugin that turns every map spawn time to 7 seconds.
Also, i would like to ask people like moon constantly trying to invite players from TF2 server to other servers just because he thinks TF2 sucks, sure, you can think what ever you want about the game, but god sake, there is people putting their money on running this server.  Also, i was planning to start getting server known around custom maps scene, as we run some high quality custom maps, that should do the trick, but first i would like to know if it is worth to have it under ice cave flag.

I suggest we have proper grand opening for the server as last time there was such thing planned, we end up playing on server hosted by Ned.
-▀ЯҢ- drp: fun fact: we get 3,500,000 page views per month on tf2m
-▀ЯҢ- drp: and half are from wilson refreshing

Offline Wiiking

• Castor Troy
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2010, 09:05:03 PM »
I always check the server when I play TF2 (quite often lately) but it's always empty. I don't want to play alone :( Also, I've been hooked on the mario kart map lately so that's another reason. Would play on it if there were people.
Quote from: Metabie
He's Wiiking. He can do anything.
Quote from: ChanChan
Wiikings eat just about anything that fits in their mouth.
Quote from: Nedstar
Hahha this guy has offline socialication, what a fucking loser!

Offline Datastream

• Last Action Hero
  • Finally updated my account.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2010, 08:16:29 AM »
Basically what Wiiking says. It's usually empty and I don't want to play alone. The settings are fine but it's so empty and when you join it takes at least an hour for 1 random dude to join who leaves after 3 minutes.

Offline W.S Wankhouse

• Zombie Slaughter
  • Schr÷dinger's catgirl
    • View Profile
    • Google
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2010, 10:52:19 AM »
Hence we need to get players, a event to seed some playerbase would be nice, orginal tf2 event was meant to do that but for some reason it was played on server hosted by Ned.

Offline Bob |Iced|

• Fresh Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2010, 03:50:32 PM »
got to say the same for the TTT server as well :S I am getting sick on constantly waiting for players trying to fill it up. The only People that actually start of the Contribution is Ned, Me, Wilson and sometimes Iceman (Other people as well). But it honestly gets on my nerves if it is a few people trying to fill it up all the time. People just think 'It's empty, People should join soon' instead of contributing.

Offline NedStar

• Administrator
  • King Leonidas
    • View Profile
    • http://www.theicecave.net
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2010, 05:05:53 PM »
orginal tf2 event was meant to do that but for some reason it was played on server hosted by Ned.
That's cause Xaymar had issues with his server, TIC TF2 server was the back up server to continue the event.

got to say the same for the TTT server as well :S I am getting sick on constantly waiting for players trying to fill it up. The only People that actually start of the Contribution is Ned, Me, Wilson and sometimes Iceman (Other people as well). But it honestly gets on my nerves if it is a few people trying to fill it up all the time. People just think 'It's empty, People should join soon' instead of contributing.

Its very boring to join an empty server to get it to fill up. Usually it fills up between 10-30 minutes to at least have a decent game.
It be nice if more people would join the server to try and fill it up, so its not always the same people who end up on an empty server.

TF2, I never liked  that much. I played it quite a bit before all the custom content but then I lost interest completely.
TTT itself is quite fun to play with a few regulars but has drastically lost my interest, which is normal seeing as I've been playing it for well over a year now.

« Last Edit: December 20, 2010, 05:07:44 PM by NedStar »

Wiiking: If I ran into him in the aftermath of the inevitable all-consuming nuclear war, I would just shoot him to avoid further drama.

Offline KittyCatInAMicrowave

• Ex Server Admin
  • Respected Member
  • The Empress of Chanchia
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2010, 05:13:00 PM »
TTT itself is quite fun to play with a few regulars but has drastically lost my interest, which is normal seeing as I've been playing it for well over a year now.

Just an excuse for you to get more time to play WoW!

And regarding TF2, was fun but after all these added stuff and such I lost interest.

Offline P4cM4n [FIN]

• Fresh Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2010, 06:00:36 PM »
And regarding TF2, was fun but after all these added stuff and such I lost interest.

In a nutshell, what she said. But I'll anything just with the right people to play with.

Offline W.S Wankhouse

• Zombie Slaughter
  • Schr÷dinger's catgirl
    • View Profile
    • Google
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2010, 06:18:50 PM »

In a nutshell, what she said. But I'll anything just with the right people to play with.

That is why Ned made this community in first place, tough not for TF2, but still.

Offline Datastream

• Last Action Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2010, 08:56:43 PM »
Hell tf2 vanilla is the best except when you play cp_degrootkeep.

Offline W.S Wankhouse

• Zombie Slaughter
  • Schr÷dinger's catgirl
    • View Profile
    • Google
« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2010, 09:12:16 PM »
Hell tf2 vanilla is the best except when you play cp_degrootkeep.

I don't know about vanilla TF2 but that new gamemode is pure gold, everyone should try it before they die.

Offline Datastream

• Last Action Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2010, 08:21:22 AM »
TF2 Vanilla is basically no new weapons. That is all. You can have hats because they're useless. But you're only allowed to have the default weapons. AND THAT IS SO MUCH BETTER.

Offline W.S Wankhouse

• Zombie Slaughter
  • Schr÷dinger's catgirl
    • View Profile
    • Google
« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2010, 01:45:47 PM »
I think it is pretty safe to say that yesterday was success, we need do this more often.