December 09, 2018, 09:41:38 PM

Author Topic: 2 Suggestions for the server  (Read 1654 times)

Offline Datastream

• Last Action Hero
  • Finally updated my account.
    • View Profile
2 Suggestions for the server
« on: June 01, 2010, 02:21:10 PM »
I have two suggestions for the TTT server.

1: I think there should be more time before the first round on a map starts. Usually some people, including me, are slower and join when the round has already started. Which means that when changing a map, they will have to wait at least 4 minutes before they can play. I remember yesterday when there were like 6 people joining late and the round already started with 4 people. Pretty dumb. Good thing it was with only 4 though.

2: More time at the round report for the last round before map change. You get not time at all to look at the report properly imo.

Just saying.

Offline Darkfrost

• Ex Server Admin
  • Respected Member
    • View Profile
Re: 2 Suggestions for the server
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2010, 02:46:50 PM »
#1, I'm gonna have to agree with, just an extra 10 or so seconds would be brilliant, because a lot of the time I get in there JUST a bit too late.

#2, Sounds like an ok idea.
NedStar|Cryo|: and I only fucked a guy once
NedStar|Cryo|: Ever since then , I dislike guys who like leather!

Offline Datastream

• Last Action Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2010, 03:47:52 PM »
Quote from: "Dr. octagonapus"
2. the round report uses the same button as the traitor and detective equipment menu, meaning you only have 20 seconds to look at it. To give people more time you would have to increase pre-round time and i don't think many people would be happy with that.

EDIT: what we could do for number 2 is print a text log in the console so you can see who killed who ect...

At the end of the last round you do not have 20 seconds. It's less than that. And we're not talking about in between rounds we're talking about the last round on a map. As in before the server changes the map. Because in between rounds it's just fine because you got plenty of time looking at it because the window doesn't go away until you click it away.

Offline NedStar

• Administrator
  • King Leonidas
    • View Profile
    • http://www.theicecave.net
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2010, 04:47:58 PM »
Added 15 sec extra to prep round. Won't add more time to end round cause you'll have prep + end round to read the end round report which is a total of 1 minute and 15 seconds.
In short, you'll know have 15 seconds more time to load.

Wiiking: If I ran into him in the aftermath of the inevitable all-consuming nuclear war, I would just shoot him to avoid further drama.

Offline Datastream

• Last Action Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2010, 06:08:09 PM »
Nah I meant the very last round on a map. So let's say the last round started, as in the last round played on that map not as in the round before the one your about to play, and next map has already been voted for. When that last round is ended it displays the report for like 3 seconds and then the new map loads. That is what I want changed. I want to be able to look at that report longer than 3 seconds. Because now all you can see is which team won and not who did what. That is what I want changed not the time after every round. The last round report should get normal viewing time.

tl:dr There is no teel deer because I had to explain this again.

Offline NedStar

• Administrator
  • King Leonidas
    • View Profile
    • http://www.theicecave.net
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2010, 07:57:08 PM »
Ooh I see your point, I'll take a look at that. Gah I should stop reading too quickly  :oops:

Wiiking: If I ran into him in the aftermath of the inevitable all-consuming nuclear war, I would just shoot him to avoid further drama.