March 20, 2019, 03:50:26 PM

Author Topic: The Traitor Guide  (Read 4145 times)

Offline W.S Wankhouse

• Zombie Slaughter
  • Schr÷dinger's catgirl
    • View Profile
    • Google
The Traitor Guide
« on: April 24, 2010, 08:18:06 AM »
THIS THREAD IS UNDER CONSTRUCTION AND UNFINISHED!!!

Chapter I: The basics of begin traitor.

Begin traitor ain't that simple, you don't just shoot everyone you see, you gotta be sneaky .
Now, as for starters, look for unsuspecting targets alone, using radar helps a lot to locate best possible targets that are far away from rest and nobody would notice in a while.
Doing this you, you get some credits for your team, get rid of innocents and start causing paranoia. Next step is to panic and confuse rest of the innocent, best way is shoot one of them and escape. (More about this in Chapter II)
This usually causes confusion and paranoia and they split up, then you just start taking them out.

But as i said, this is just basics and there is much more to it.

VERY IMPORTANT STUFF ABOUT BEGIN TRAITOR

- Never bust out your fellow traitors unless there is no other way out of it or it is planned.
- Don't try go rampage right in the start, lower the amount of innocents at start, then go rampage as they have less people that fight back.
- Radar, always buy radar no matter what, you have no idea useful it is in the end.
- Try wound people, cause slight paranoia.
- Try act like innocent, ask Detective see last seen and so on.
- Avoid facestabs with knife when there is detectives alive.
- Never kill a person right after he says "If i die it is XXX or i am with XXX"

Chapter II: Know your surroundings

When you kill someone, you always should have backup plan for everything, that why it is good idea to explore the map and get hang on layout before killing anyone.
When you know the layout, the killing can start. Now, escaping crime scene without anyone noticing is big part of doing your job well, the number one rule is not stand around the body.
Try escape from windows/holes/vents or routes nobody ever uses much, like basement of Island 17, or canals on Amsterville.
Of course there is other ways too, one way is chase "traitor" around (bind *Insert key here* "Say Someone in disguise is a traitor!) or go somewhere, do U turn and come back saying that you found a body.
If you kill someone and there is no any safe way to escape or one exit only, use flare gun to burn body or try hide it quickly.
When sniping, you should go in somewhere where you can see them but they can't see you, also make sure your escape route is clear, because if they see where shot came from, they are coming for you.

VERY IMPORTANT STUFF ABOUT KNOWING YOUR SURROUNDINGS

- When going for risky kills, use flare gun.
- Teleporter can come handy (More about this Chapter IV)
- When doing U turn tactic, it is good idea to change gun or get some ammo.
- Try remember locations for ammo and weapons.
- What ever you do, don't stay on the crime scene for too long.
- Try suspect people for killing them or frame people for walking past your unidentified body.

THIS THREAD IS UNDER CONSTRUCTION AND UNFINISHED!!!
« Last Edit: April 25, 2010, 07:54:01 AM by W.S Wankhouse »
-▀ЯҢ- drp: fun fact: we get 3,500,000 page views per month on tf2m
-▀ЯҢ- drp: and half are from wilson refreshing

Offline NedStar

• Administrator
  • King Leonidas
    • View Profile
    • http://www.theicecave.net
Re: The Traitor Guide
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2010, 05:55:31 PM »
- Never bust out your fellow traitors unless there is no other way out of it or it is planned.

True on that, if you can safe them. I'd suggest doing so, however some traitors are simply retarded and not helping them out can be in your best interest.
- Don't try go rampage right in the start, lower the amount of innocents at start, then go rampage as they have less people that fight back.

This is one thing I actually need to stop doing, I never used to go berserk but lately I do...
- Radar, always buy radar no matter what, you have no idea useful it is in the end.

Depends on map I'd say.
- Try wound people, cause slight paranoia.

Great tip, always use this myself whenever possible.

- Never kill a person right after he says "If i die it is XXX or i am with XXX"

This is do-able if you hide the body properly or burn it.

Wiiking: If I ran into him in the aftermath of the inevitable all-consuming nuclear war, I would just shoot him to avoid further drama.

Offline Slayer_NL

• Server Admin
  • Zombie Slaughter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2010, 07:15:39 PM »
When they ask for your main. Silence them :p
NedStar|Iced|: I swallow big things!

AKA Ricardo|Cryo|

Offline P4cM4n [FIN]

• Fresh Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2010, 05:39:24 PM »
And if you wanna be using dirty tricks, mic spam to cover your c4.  :duckhunt  :naughty

Don't blame me if you hear sam singing again though. (Even though its might be my fault)

Offline Darkfrost

• Ex Server Admin
  • Respected Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2010, 07:21:45 PM »
Dirty tricks:

1. When you plant a c4, or another traitor does, use voicechat to mask the sounds of the c4 beep. Good innocents will pick up on this, if you're too obvious, so be clever. Don't just sing into your mic. Start up an argument with someone, or get your fellow traitor to improv with you. Give other people chances to talk too, if you want. Just be careful not to leave silence :3

2. Shoot people with silenced pistol / flaregun from far away, when they're in groups. A lot of the time, they'll freak out and start killing eachother. You can take out whole groups this way.

3. This one's pretty hard to pull off. For example, if you see an innocent kill them, but you don't have chance to help, if nobody else is around, kill the innocent before he can ID the body. Then, type into chat (Make sure you get the spelling bang on right) "I'm with <playername>" then a second later "<playername> is the traitor!" a few times. Then ID your fellow traitors body, and be like "Haha, owned dumbass". Then everyone will think you're innocent, since it'll look just like you killed the traitor. ;) Feel free to justify it by saying something like he killed the other guy, and ID him too, although you'll have to try and explain how the innocent died later, if anyone checks.

4. Propkill! This is a pretty dirty one, but you can generally propkill, and get away with it. Prop flipping is especially effective. Hold out a long, flat prop, against the floor, when someone jumps on it, quickly jerk your mouse upwards. The person on it will go flying, and fall to their death. Justify this with "Well, they jumped on it", or whatever you like. This is rdm as an innocent though, so don't do it! :V Also bear in mind, SOME people will kill for this, but you can generally get away with it. The large wooden pallets, and the bikes, are especially good for the flipping.

5. Lie! If someone damamges you a lot, but you kill them, id the body, and make a big rant about stupid RDMers. Then, nicely ask the detective for a health machine. This works for me so often, it's criminal.

6. Traps! Some maps, e.g. lost temple, richland, come with traps. This is great and all, but people expect these. Set up your own! One of my favourites, is hiding some barrels the other side of a door to a room someone is in. Pop in the room, shoot them once, leg it out. They'll chase you out. Shoot the barrel and BOOM! They're dead :3 Disguiser helps out with this one a lot, so they can't get a nameshout in if they see you.
NedStar|Cryo|: and I only fucked a guy once
NedStar|Cryo|: Ever since then , I dislike guys who like leather!

Offline Raz3mus

• Respected Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2010, 08:23:00 PM »
Or just go rampage and kill evreything =D sneaky dont work so much for me D=
Oh Hai o_O

Offline steel

• Respected Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2010, 01:50:56 AM »
i love using the silenced pistol to cause confusion. Can work with a scout too if your fast enough, headshot someone stood infront  and to the side of people. The person at the side will instantly assume the person behind stabbed them and start shooting at them whilst you run away.

steel.

Offline Xaymar

• Respected Member
    • View Profile
    • LevelNULL
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2010, 05:51:37 PM »
Code: [Select]
Trouble in Terrorist Town - Round Events Log
--------------------------------------------------
 TIME | TYPE                      | WHAT HAPPENED
--------------------------------------------------
      | Game status changed       | The preparation phase started
00:00 | Game status changed       | The round began
00:44 | Traitor killed innocent   | Zurgalon was killed by -)BDB(- Xaymar |Iced| using a H.U.G.E-249
00:48 | Body discovered           | Run forrest Run!!!!!!!!|Iced| found the corpse of Zurgalon
00:52 | Traitor killed innocent   | Flubadoo was killed by NedStar|Cryo| using a Auto Shotgun
01:00 | Traitor killed innocent   | Kurai Angelo |Iced| was killed by NedStar|Cryo| using a Auto Shotgun
01:01 | Traitor killed innocent   | |UKMD| Curtis was killed by NedStar|Cryo| using a Auto Shotgun
01:05 | Traitor killed innocent   | [Instert humorous name here] was killed by Grim_2o0o using a Auto Shotgun
01:10 | Traitor killed innocent   | Naughty Bear was killed by -)BDB(- Xaymar |Iced| using a H.U.G.E-249
01:13 | Credit found              | NedStar|Cryo| found 1 credit(s) on the corpse of Naughty Bear
01:13 | Body discovered           | MakeZz found the corpse of [Instert humorous name here]
01:26 | Innocent killed traitor   | Grim_2o0o was killed by MakeZz using a MAC10
01:28 | Traitor killed innocent   | 0pZ | ^2P@!N was killed by Fatal|Cryo| using a Auto Shotgun
01:40 | Traitor killed innocent   | Run forrest Run!!!!!!!!|Iced| was stabbed to death by Fatal|Cryo|
01:44 | Body discovered           | Kirex- found the corpse of 0pZ | ^2P@!N
01:45 | Traitor killed innocent   | MakeZz was killed by Fatal|Cryo| using a Auto Shotgun
01:56 | Traitor killed innocent   | WALRUS (╔ire) was killed by -)BDB(- Xaymar |Iced| using a Deagle
02:00 | Traitor killed innocent   | Kirex- was killed by NedStar|Cryo| using a Auto Shotgun
02:01 | Traitors won              | The dastardly traitors won the round!

i think we just proven
Don't try go rampage right in the start, lower the amount of innocents at start, then go rampage as they have less people that fight back.
being wrong :D

Offline Raz3mus

• Respected Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2010, 07:48:46 PM »
^ Rampage Works.
Oh Hai o_O

Offline Grim_2o0o

• Zombie Slaughter
  • Quite the homo ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2010, 08:01:22 PM »
Amsterville is the best map for Silenced pistol and disguise.

:lion

Offline Xaymar

• Respected Member
    • View Profile
    • LevelNULL
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2010, 08:55:32 PM »
dm_island is best for H.U.G.E./Para if you got towerwhores. EVERYONE will come to see what happened there and then get hug(g)ed down by you :)

Edit: Analyze of the Log
00:00 | Game status changed       | The round began
00:44 | Traitor killed innocent   | Zurgalon was killed by -)BDB(- Xaymar |Iced| using a H.U.G.E-249
1. Got me a H.U.G.E.-249
00:48 | Body discovered           | Run forrest Run!!!!!!!!|Iced| found the corpse of Zurgalon2. Got them interested in what is going on on the tower
00:52 | Traitor killed innocent   | Flubadoo was killed by NedStar|Cryo| using a Auto Shotgun
01:00 | Traitor killed innocent   | Kurai Angelo |Iced| was killed by NedStar|Cryo| using a Auto Shotgun
01:01 | Traitor killed innocent   | |UKMD| Curtis was killed by NedStar|Cryo| using a Auto Shotgun
01:05 | Traitor killed innocent   | [Instert humorous name here] was killed by Grim_2o0o using a Auto Shotgun
01:10 | Traitor killed innocent   | Naughty Bear was killed by -)BDB(- Xaymar |Iced| using a H.U.G.E-249
01:26 | Innocent killed traitor   | Grim_2o0o was killed by MakeZz using a MAC10
01:28 | Traitor killed innocent   | 0pZ | ^2P@!N was killed by Fatal|Cryo| using a Auto Shotgun
01:40 | Traitor killed innocent   | Run forrest Run!!!!!!!!|Iced| was stabbed to death by Fatal|Cryo|
01:45 | Traitor killed innocent   | MakeZz was killed by Fatal|Cryo| using a Auto Shotgun
01:56 | Traitor killed innocent   | WALRUS (╔ire) was killed by -)BDB(- Xaymar |Iced| using a Deagle
02:00 | Traitor killed innocent   | Kirex- was killed by NedStar|Cryo| using a Auto Shotgun
3. Rampage! I usually kill like 5-15 ppl on my own before i get caught, but this time i had helping buddies ;)
4. ???
02:01 | Traitors won              | The dastardly traitors won the round!5. Profit

Offline Fatal

• Server Admin
  • Respected Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2010, 11:12:48 PM »
That was a pretty good round, not seen traitors win that fast before

Evster__13 |Iced|

« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2010, 08:07:22 PM »
Quote from: "Darkfrost"
Dirty tricks:

1. When you plant a c4, or another traitor does, use voicechat to mask the sounds of the c4 beep. Good innocents will pick up on this, if you're too obvious, so be clever. Don't just sing into your mic. Start up an argument with someone, or get your fellow traitor to improv with you. Give other people chances to talk too, if you want. Just be careful not to leave silence :3
ummmm just so you ppl know when playing ttt i keep console commands activated b/c if you are innocent you can press <~>  and it will say something like<cbeep.wav if there is a c4 activated but it will also say it if it is on the other side of the map so be careful.....
p.s. i dont have counterstrike so it appears as an error :yay  yay
but then again the other phy. object are errors too :runfreeman

2. Shoot people with silenced pistol / flaregun from far away, when they're in groups. A lot of the time, they'll freak out and start killing eachother. You can take out whole groups this way.

3. This one's pretty hard to pull off. For example, if you see an innocent kill them, but you don't have chance to help, if nobody else is around, kill the innocent before he can ID the body. Then, type into chat (Make sure you get the spelling bang on right) "I'm with <playername>" then a second later "<playername> is the traitor!" a few times. Then ID your fellow traitors body, and be like "Haha, owned dumbass". Then everyone will think you're innocent, since it'll look just like you killed the traitor. ;) Feel free to justify it by saying something like he killed the other guy, and ID him too, although you'll have to try and explain how the innocent died later, if anyone checks.

4. Propkill! This is a pretty dirty one, but you can generally propkill, and get away with it. Prop flipping is especially effective. Hold out a long, flat prop, against the floor, when someone jumps on it, quickly jerk your mouse upwards. The person on it will go flying, and fall to their death. Justify this with "Well, they jumped on it", or whatever you like. This is rdm as an innocent though, so don't do it! :V Also bear in mind, SOME people will kill for this, but you can generally get away with it. The large wooden pallets, and the bikes, are especially good for the flipping.

5. Lie! If someone damamges you a lot, but you kill them, id the body, and make a big rant about stupid RDMers. Then, nicely ask the detective for a health machine. This works for me so often, it's criminal.

6. Traps! Some maps, e.g. lost temple, richland, come with traps. This is great and all, but people expect these. Set up your own! One of my favourites, is hiding some barrels the other side of a door to a room someone is in. Pop in the room, shoot them once, leg it out. They'll chase you out. Shoot the barrel and BOOM! They're dead :3 Disguiser helps out with this one a lot, so they can't get a nameshout in if they see you.

Offline Datastream

• Last Action Hero
  • Finally updated my account.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2010, 10:17:31 AM »
Well you could also change the c4 beeping sound to something more obvious since the server isn't sv_pure 1, I think.

He is actually saying that you can check the console for any sign of c4beep.wav. If there is then you know there is a c4. But I think this only works if you have no css since it will probably come up as an error.

Offline Tyrant T100

• Respected Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2010, 04:02:25 PM »
I find the radar is far more useful as an escape tool than a kill hunting tool.
Let's say your on a map with a unsuspecting innocent in a corridor linking to several rooms, you kill the innocent and know that others are on their way, they may potentially know your name.
Now this is where the radar comes in handy, rather than running away from the scene, hide nearby, the radar will give you a good idea of how close innocents are getting to your hiding place, so it will give you a good idea for when to ambush or run.
If you play your cards right you can commit a murder right under another innocents nose and get them to blame other nearby innocents for it.