March 20, 2019, 03:34:03 PM

Author Topic: Fatals Innocent Guide  (Read 3168 times)

Offline Fatal

• Server Admin
  • Respected Member
    • View Profile
Fatals Innocent Guide
« on: April 22, 2010, 12:49:43 AM »
I decided to make this, for a few reasons, mainly because I am somewhat fed up of innocents being so fail, and secondly for people saying I RDM when I figure out who the traitors are, I consider myself pretty good at being innocent so I may as well share my methods

Firstly, the most important thing as an innocent, is keeping yourself alive, don't give the traitors easy targets, it may seem pretty obvious but I see plenty of people making themselves easy targets, a few simple methods for protecting yourself should make you survive longer

1. Keep moving, traitors usually go for the instant kill to avoid having their identity revealed by the person they are attacking, if you keep moving you reduce the chance of this hugely, some traitors will even spend the entire round waiting to deagle headshot the people who stop moving, in the event you have to stop, try do it with a group of terrorists, it is less likely you will die in a group, whereas if you are alone in a building and you are not moving, any traitor will usually kill you.

2. Use a microphone if you can, or use the suit zoom commands, in the event that a traitor does attack you, you can easily let the innocents know who it is, traitors are less likely to attack the people who will report their identity.

3. If you see an unidentified body, quickly check the surrounding area, if anyone is hiding in a nearby room, it is likely they are a traitor waiting to ambush anyone checking the body, use the suit zoom command to report that you see the unidentified body to reduce the chances an innocent will kill you for being near it.

4. If you are searching or exploring for bodies / weapons, and you enter a building / room, check nobody follows you into it, and if possible, close the door behind you, this gives you an audio cue should someone enter the building / room, being attacked in the back is hard to survive if the traitor is any good, should you enter a building / room as someone leaves, ensure they do not re-enter the building to follow you, that is highly suspicious and it is most likely there is a body in the building.

5. Carry a primary weapon as often as you can, attacking someone with a gun pointing at you is far more risky than attacking an unarmed innocent, the time to switch to a weapon can mean the difference between life or death, there are times when it is generally safe to walk around unarmed, but if you are inside a building or a room, with not many people around, carrying a weapon is safer.

6. Keep the detectives alive, the detective/s are an enormous benefit to the innocents, which some people fail to realise, a good detective can make the traitors jobs very difficult, so if you are innocent, try keep the detective/s alive.

7. If you kill a traitor and get a traitor weapon, don't wave it around like a retard, you will get killed.

Now for identifying the traitors, some people seem to think the only way to find the traitors is to actually see one of them shoot / kill someone, but there are many subtle things that people miss, most of these which you can use to identify possible suspects, it's generally not accepted to kill people for these subtle signs, although I have done it on a few occasions, I am very good at reading these signs and it was a kill or be killed scenario, hard evidence is always more reliable, but suspecting who the traitors are can make their job much more difficult.

1. At the start of the round, traitors usually look for the easy kills, the people playing with props in a room on their own, or people not moving for the easy deagle headshots, traitors are less likely to reveal their identity the more innocents are alive, and can be assumed to take more risks the less innocents are alive, seems pretty elementary but keeping yourself alive at the start of the round will usually mean the traitors kill the easy targets instead, so look for people running around with deagles, snipers and shotguns, these weapons are usually carried more by traitors than mac10s and m16s, although some do use the 2 automatic weapons.

2. Watch peoples movements, most people move differently as a traitor than when they are innocent, and this is one of the more blatant signs of being a traitor (I am surprised more people don't realise this). Innocents will generally point their guns at other people, checking their names, and circling one another to avoid the one shot kill, strafing left to right whilst moving over a distance and avoiding getting too close to people, whereas traitors, will generally run in a straight line, stop often, especially when carrying a deagle / shotgun, attempt to get close to people, and try corner people in small rooms or buildings. When inside a building, if someone is stood against a wall or a corner, aiming a deagle at people inside the building, then it is likely they are a traitor, going for the easy one shot kill.

3. Later into the round, after a few people have died, it is worthwhile to check peoples ammo if they are carrying a gun someone was killed by, innocents shouldn't shoot weapons unless they have a reason (although people still do it =/), so anyone missing ammo in a weapon that someone died by, is a suspicious thing indeed.

4. Watch who people stay with, especially if you have a suspicion of them, if you think someone is a traitor and you watch them run past someone else, with neither adjusting their movements or aim for the other (ie, looking at the name or defending themselves from possible attack), then it is likely the other person is a traitor, if one of them does end up being revealed as a traitor, that puts the other under further suspicion, keeping a track of various peoples movements at once can be difficult but can potentially reveal the other traitors should one you have been suspicious of be revealed.

5. Pressure the traitors, by that I mean, pressure the people you have suspicions of, tell them you are suspicious and to leave you alone, or ask them to come to any checker should one be present in the map, or just follow them and watch them, if they are under pressure they are less likely to do anything traitorous and you may be able to delay the time to the point where they attempt riskier kills

Finally, a few extra tips, somewhat simple but I figure I should mention them

If two people are shooting each other, wait for one to die, or for them to stop shooting, don't just shoot the first one you see, when one dies, if the other doesn't immediately check the body, kill him, if he does check it and it turns out to be innocent, ask them to explain themselves, this way you don't end up killing an innocent who has just killed a traitor, confirmed innocents are very useful as having someone you can trust allows you to stay in a group, and a group is always harder to kill than 1 person on their own. (I shouldn't need to say this but so often people shoot the first person they see firing a gun)

If there is 1 traitor left, and 4-5 innocents, the one person playing with a prop is usually the traitor, the ones waving guns around accusing each other are innocents, may seem stupid, but this happens so often.

If there is a gunfight nearby, and someone is walking around unarmed, that is immediate suspicion and you should warn everyone to stay away from that person, no innocents walk around unarmed when there is a gunfight in the next room.

And lastly, if you are carrying a traitor weapon, or shooting randomly, and someone kills you for it, don't cry about it.

Hopefully this should help people enjoy playing innocent more, I know some people play TTT solely for being traitor but being innocent can be fun too, and hopefully less people will complain about me RDMing them after I beat their asses (Perhaps 1 in 20-30 of my kills as innocent is another innocent).

Extra things I didn't put in last night:

If you accuse someone and their first response is "check my weapon", they are likely a traitor (may seem counter intuitive, but you will be surprised how often traitors first response is this), unless you specifically ask them to be checked.

Don't waste your time asking why people are injured in the first 2 minutes of a round, especially if no dead bodies have been found, and no gunfire heard.

If someone is sniping and people are dying, and you accuse someone who you believe to be a traitor, if their response is a basic "It's not me" then it is generally safe to assume they are a traitor, depending on the map, anyone sniping who is innocent would attempt to find out who it is, or at least give the location of the shooter, this is not entirely true when plenty of people are still alive and running around etc, but if plenty of people are dead and people are being sniped, an innocent sniper would find out who it is, or attempt to, rather than a blatant denial, the same can be said to be true in that a persons response to an accusation can be suspicious regardless of sniping or not, but the sniping one is easier to spot.

To defuse a C4, tell people you found one so you don't get shot, and then spam the combinations as quick as you can, in the order of 111, 222, 333, etc, you can do them in any order but it has to be in the format of 3 numbers the same every time, by trial and error you will find the code and be able to defuse it, don't try this if the C4 is below 30-25 seconds, if the code ends up being the one where you find the last digit on your 10th input, you will die, but sometimes people put the code as stupid numbers like "666" and is easy to defuse. Also a detective with a defuser can equip the defuser and disarm it immediately without having to input any numbers.

Offline lolomgwtfNL

• Ex Server Admin
  • Castor Troy
  • Use snipers.
    • View Profile
Re: Fatals Innocent Guide
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2010, 05:34:34 AM »
Very nice Fatal! =D
Medals are life

Offline Fatal

• Server Admin
  • Respected Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2010, 07:13:09 AM »
It's a bit more of a wall of text than I would like, I got some more to add to it too

Offline Hestim

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2010, 01:09:31 PM »
You missed 1 very important way how to identify a traitor - Process of elimination:

I have seen people getting accused (Mostly Wilson who uses it gets blamed) or even me getting accused of RDM when we have used the easy tactics called process of elimination.

First of it can only be done when there isn┤t more then 50% of people alive and there are many proven innocents and/or detectives alive and you play with more then 8 people.

Who are proven innocents?
100% no risk.
Detectives (obvious).
People who have proven/you have seen that they killed a Traitor.
People who have been tested with more then 2 witness(best if detective has tested them).

90% of accuracy.
People who have been playing with props entire round and haven't harmed anyone.
People who have camped the whole round in the same place and have no way out.
People who have risked their lives and agreed to the life threatning causes/experiments (Jumping off a tall objects or over deadly traps)
People who have gotten Traitors killed by :" His a traitor kill him!" not by :" Oh yeah his a traitor kill him" after someone has said that already.
People who are asking detective to check bodies, checking ammo and doing a good detective work.

75% of accuracy.
People who alarm others about C4.
People who have disarmed a C4.( Because it might be a set up)
People you have been with since the round begun. ( Its never 100% sure)
People who stay in the testing chambers or other dangrous places for Traitors.
People who kill Traitors with traps.

50% of accuracy.
People who play with props and have hurt/killed someone
People who killed a person with a trap which might have been a accident and they claim it was.
People who claim that they have killed a traitor but no witness is there and/or other suspicion has fallen on them.
People who claim that they helped someone kill a Traitor but there is no real proof.
People who alarm people of C4 but place is slightly diffrent then where the C4 went off.
People who wave around with Traitor weapons and say "BOO" or have said that they picked it up.

And after you have eliminated everyone else then 1 or 2 people and there is either 1 or 2 traitors left you can safely kill them( Must be above 90% of accuracy if more then 1 person in question)
There are lot more below 50% but there is no point in writting them down because below 50% innocent means his above 50% Traitor.
There are always exceptions to rules and you can't take these above as 100% truth.
You can only use this guide when you are paying 100% attention to the game and listen and read chat because otherwise you might miss something and kill an innocent.

Everything hasn't been written down for sure and i welcome corrections ;).

Offline Fatal

• Server Admin
  • Respected Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2010, 05:57:23 PM »
Yeah process of elimination is pretty important for getting the last traitor or two, who then complain that they did nothing, which is their fault for taking so long to do anything

Offline NedStar

• Administrator
  • King Leonidas
    • View Profile
    • http://www.theicecave.net
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2010, 08:06:45 PM »
Superb guide, process of elimination also makes a great addition to it.
I'll see if I can sticky some useful threads somewhere without cluttering the forum too much.

Wiiking: If I ran into him in the aftermath of the inevitable all-consuming nuclear war, I would just shoot him to avoid further drama.

Offline W.S Wankhouse

• Zombie Slaughter
  • Schr÷dinger's catgirl
    • View Profile
    • Google
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2010, 07:52:37 AM »
Quote from: "Hestim"
You missed 1 very important way how to identify a traitor - Process of elimination:

I have seen people getting accused (Mostly Wilson who uses it gets blamed) or even me getting accused of RDM when we have used the easy tactics called process of elimination.

Ahh yeah, progress of elimination.
It never gets old when you kill people with it and they scream RDM, wish they would know what kind reasons i been killed, they would stop saying RDM every change they get.

But yes, progress of elimination is your best tool when innocent, or detective.

On a note Fatal, i combined this with my Progress Of Elimination and it paid off, it is even more effective now.
-▀ЯҢ- drp: fun fact: we get 3,500,000 page views per month on tf2m
-▀ЯҢ- drp: and half are from wilson refreshing

Offline Raz3mus

• Respected Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2010, 10:20:11 AM »
Nice Guide =D
Another thing that is good you should allways look in the place some alone guy or 2 guys are running out from and look for bodys =3
I do it all the time =D
Oh Hai o_O

Offline Xaymar

• Respected Member
    • View Profile
    • LevelNULL
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2010, 07:08:32 PM »
Nice guide there. If everyone follows it, im getting rdmed way more often(edit: as innocent) :( . I always act like a traitor for some guys(Wilson) and they tend to shoot me when anything suspicious happens.
__
Another thing that is worth checking, if it was a gunshot kill and a person was seen, check where the blood splatter goes to. if it leads towards the behind of the body, kill the last seen, if its not, suspect that guy at least.(traitors dont kill traitors). 50% chance that both were traitors, 50% chance that the killed guy was traitor, 50% chance that only the not shot guy was traitor, etc

Offline Fatal

• Server Admin
  • Respected Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2010, 08:50:24 PM »
To be honest, people shouldn't kill you so much for things in here, I occasionally do but rarely do I get it wrong, generally it is just used to be suspicious of people, and then follow them around, if you never actually do anything people shouldn't shoot you for it, but there is always incidents where people put 2 and 2 together and get 3

Offline Tyrant T100

• Respected Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2010, 03:51:16 PM »
Really good guide, only issue with the process of elimination thing is that when I'm a traitor (and I've seen other traitors do this) is to kill someone in a remote place, discard your weapon and come back and then tell the detective, this lowers suspicion and might draw people to the corpse for easy kills, bumping off a detective is fairly easy while they have their back to you and are examining a corpse.

Offline 95cto1904

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2010, 12:57:20 PM »
Thanks for the tip but thing is when I'm caught next to a dead body and I'm not a traitor. if some one accuses me of killing them I can only think of blatant denial as a defence, that and checking the body. :matrixfight
"it wasn\'t really RDM i was pretty sure and it was very incriminating for him and he was indeed a traitor, wasn\'t the killer but he was a traitor."
CharlieT1904