October 02, 2022, 05:18:20 PM

Author Topic: A couple of changes (Locational voice and IRC)  (Read 1652 times)

Offline NedStar

• Administrator
  • King Leonidas
    • View Profile
    • http://www.theicecave.net
A couple of changes (Locational voice and IRC)
« on: July 07, 2010, 04:05:16 PM »
The first change is having enabled locational voice which is a new recent feature in TTT.

"- Experimental: locational/3D voicechat. Servers can enable this feature (recently added to gmod) with "ttt_locational_voice 1" (defaults to 0 for now). Voicechat indicators will fade according to distance. Traitor chat and spectator voicechat is never locational."

This will probably require some getting used to and is purely enabled for testing purposes at this time.

Furthermore a few changes towards IRC have been made, in order to report a player you are now to use a report menu which you can summon by typing !report in chat or if you'd prefer doing it privately, by typing report in console. After that, you are able to send further details or talk to the admin(s) privately with /reply *your message*. All reports will be logged and looked at when we are able, sending multiple reports for one person which are filled by you are absolutely redundant and considered spamming. This feature is to replace the usage of nedcon where instant admin action is not required (Minor rdm,leaving rdm,teamkill) in short, everything that hasn't yet repeated itself should be reported with !report rather then nedcon. You are welcome to use nedcon when someone is massively rdming/flooding the server or something requires immediate admin attention.

Besides that we've got an event starting in a little under two hours, check our website for more information on tonight's or any upcoming events.

As always thanks for reading,

Ned

Wiiking: If I ran into him in the aftermath of the inevitable all-consuming nuclear war, I would just shoot him to avoid further drama.

Offline Tyrant T100

• Respected Member
    • View Profile
Re: A couple of changes (Locational voice and IRC)
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2010, 07:15:28 PM »
I apologise if this is a topic were not meant to post in but it isn't locked any how.
Locational chat sounds interesting but how well it will work is another matter.

However I am very pleased about this discreet report function. I don't like typing Nedcon because it can cause the rule breaker to leave, start being good or aggravate them more.